ASSOCIATE (COMMERCIAL FOCUS)
Are you interested in working at a forward-thinking boutique business law firm, in the center of Stockholm, with a diversity of assignments? We are now looking for a talented and positive individual with a burning interest in commercial and contract law, for the position as Associate, to complement our team.
About Qap Legal
The lawyers at Qap are skilled business lawyers who have been trained at several of the leading international law firms in Sweden and Europe. We provide legal advice and assistance to entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups in a business-oriented and pragmatic format.
Qap provides advice and aspires greatness in, e.g., the following areas:
- Mergers & Acquisitions (we just love initiating, negotiating and most of all – closing deals);
- Start-up and Scale-up (we do everything start-up, when it comes to legal advice, and we do it well!);
- Corporate Matters (corporate is what we do, whether it is to assist in incorporating companies, conduct shareholders’ or board meetings or just redraft articles, we are with the clients all the way);
- Financing (whether it is seed capital, capital venture, private equity, loans, shareholder contributions, or other financing methods, we will mastermind it for our clients);
- Commercial Agreements (we help our clients to get effective enforceable and tailored contractual arrangements with everyone from their clients, to suppliers, and partners);
- Corporate Governance (having a well-governed and well-structured company creates conditions for success – trust us we know – and we will make sure our clients get there);
- Data Protection Matters (we help our clients to draft and implement data protection and privacy policies, processes and procedures);
- Qap Notary (one of our lawyers is an appointed Notary Public and therefore we can assist our clients in notarization and legalization of documents, issuing apostilles and more).
We are looking for a full-time Associate to start as soon as possible. We are primarily looking for candidates with at least 2-3 years of relevant work experience and a genuine interest in commercial law, and preferably data protection law (GDPR). You will work in a stimulating environment with a variety of interesting clients and projects, both independently and in close cooperation with our other lawyers within our areas of greatness (as seen above). You will in particular be responsible for a couple of our clients as their appointed external legal counsel and administer their ongoing legal queries. If you are prepared to take responsibility, the position will generate great opportunities for you to grow on both a professional and personal level.
The assignment includes for example, but not limited to:
- drafting and negotiating commercial agreements with customers, partners and suppliers (such as for example consultancy agreements, service agreements, agency agreements, distribution agreements, cooperation agreements, etc.);
- draft, implement and update data protection and privacy policies, processes and procedures;
- handling general corporate and other legal matters, including drafting and implementing corporate and other legal documents;
- coordinating legal counsels in other jurisdictions;
- conducting legal research and providing legal advice within our areas of greatness; and
- all other ad hoc stuff that may come up at a firm which does “all things start-up”.
Prerequisites for the position are:
- Swedish law degree,
- 2-3 years relevant work experience at a law firm or at a company (as an inhouse legal counsel) is considered a merit;
- specific training or certification in data protection legislation (GDPR) is considered a merit;
- an interest in business law in general and commercial law in particular;
- a pragmatic mindset;
- excellent written and oral skills in both Swedish and English, additional languages are considered a merit;
- being thorough and methodical while still being able to think on your feet; and
- having excellent communication and cooperation skills.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +46 (0)8 408 90 000.
Submit your application to email@example.com. We evaluate applications continually. Applications, questions and other communication are accepted in Swedish and English.