JUNIOR ASSOCIATE (M&A FOCUS)
Are you interested in working at a forward-thinking boutique business law firm, in the center of Stockholm, with a diversity of assignments? We are now looking for a talented and positive individual with a burning interest in M&A, for the position as Junior Associate, to complement our team.
About Qap Legal
The lawyers at Qap are skilled business lawyers who have been trained at several of the leading international law firms in Sweden and Europe. We provide legal advice and assistance to entrepreneurs, start-ups and scale-ups in a business-oriented and pragmatic format.
Qap provides advice and aspires greatness in, e.g., the following areas:
- Mergers & Acquisitions (we just love initiating, negotiating and most of all – closing deals);
- Start-up and Scale-up (we do everything start-up, when it comes to legal advice, and we do it well!);
- Corporate Matters (corporate is what we do, whether it is to assist in incorporating companies, conduct shareholders’ or board meetings or just redraft articles, we are with the clients all the way);
- Financing (whether it is seed capital, capital venture, private equity, loans, shareholder contributions, or other financing methods, we will mastermind it for our clients);
- Commercial Agreements (we help our clients to get effective enforceable and tailored contractual arrangements with everyone from their clients, to suppliers, and partners);
- Corporate Governance (having a well-governed and well-structured company creates conditions for success – trust us we know – and we will make sure our clients get there);
- Data Protection Matters (we help our clients to draft and implement data protection and privacy policies, processes and procedures);
- Qap Notary (one of our lawyers is an appointed Notary Public and therefore we can assist our clients in notarization and legalization of documents, issuing apostilles and more)
We are looking for a full-time Junior Associate to start as soon as possible. We are primarily looking for candidates who are newly graduated or in the beginning of their legal career and with a genuine interest in M&A. The position includes great variation and responsibility within our areas of greatness (as seen above). You will work in a stimulating environment with a variety of interesting clients and projects, both independently and in close cooperation with our senior lawyers. If you are prepared to take responsibility, the position will generate great opportunities for you to grow on both a professional and personal level.
The assignment includes for example, but not limited to:
- assisting the senior lawyers in M&A projects, by for example conducting legal due diligence, administer the data room, being responsible for the signing and closing, etc.;
- drafting and negotiating corporate agreements and other corporate documentation;
- drafting and negotiating commercial agreements;
- conducting legal research and providing legal advice within our areas of greatness;
- all other ad hoc stuff that may come up at a firm which does “all things start-up”.
Prerequisites for the position are:
- Swedish law degree,
- relevant work experience at a law firm, corporate finance firm or similar is considered a merit;
- an interest in business law in general and M&A in particular;
- a pragmatic mindset;
- excellent written and oral skills in both Swedish and English, additional languages are considered a merit;
- being thorough and methodical while still being able to think on your feet; and
- having excellent communication and cooperation skills.
Should you have any questions regarding the position, please contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at +46 (0)8 408 90 000.
Submit your application to email@example.com. We evaluate applications continually. Applications, questions and other communication are accepted in Swedish and English.